About the Award:
In memory of Dr. Tarek Kamel, former Minister of CIT, and honoring his name, his fellows, classmates, and fans decided to establish trust fund to award a yearly prize to the best innovative idea or emerging company in the field of communications and information technology in the name of "Dr. Tarek Kamel Award". The prize will be announced on the annual EiTESAL’s anniversary in the presence and participation of the family of Dr. Tarek Kamel.
Tarek Kamel Award aims for innovation and creativity in the field of ICT
- Commemorating the name of the late Dr. Tarek Kamel
- Honoring and appreciating ideas/emerging companies in the Telecommunications and information technology sector.
- Promote innovation and creativity in the sector.
- Supporting creators and innovators and their continuous motivation to establish creative companies capable of rapid growth
General terms and conditions:
- That the idea / start-up company serves one of the telecommunications and information technology fields and provides a technological solution that benefits the community. (Technology enabled solution serving the community)
- The participant has the right to submit only one idea / startup.
- Proof of concept is needed.
- Emerging / start-up companies that have not been formally established for more than 3 years
- Submission of a feasibility study / business plan
- In the case of participation of foreign ownership, the ownership of the company must be at least 51% for the Egyptians
- The company has never had more than one investment cycle.
- It is not permissible to use any external party to prepare documents and application form.
- The idea/emerging company has not won any other similar contests or prizes.
How to apply:
- fill in the subscription form
- A written report about the company / idea of no more than 3 pages written in English. (Font size 12 & line spacing 1.15).
- Provide URL for a 2/3 minutes video describing the idea/company technology
Important dates for this year 2020:
|Launching the Tarek Kamel Award (Registration Opens)||20 Sept., 2020|
|The last date for receiving the Entries/submissions||1 Nov., 2020|
|Announcement of the best nominated entries to win the award||30 Nov., 2020|
|Announcing the award winners (the closing ceremony EiTESAL NGO||TBD|
|1||Scope and scope of the project||10%|
|2||The originality of the idea / startup and the level of creativity in it||15%|
|3||The level of innovation and creativity||25%|
|4||Consequences (economics and technology)||25%|
|5||Impact measurement (economic, environmental, quality of life, raising productivity, happiness, raising indicators, job opportunities, etc.)||25%|
|6||The idea has a patent / scientific research published for the idea||10%Extra points|